Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Beginning

Well I just started the fall semester here at BYU and was given the assignment in my business writing class to start a blog. For those of you who actually end up reading my blog I apologize now and wonder why you don't have anything better to do. I mean there is always facebook, isn't that more worthwhile? Well it is kind of nice to start school again and get back into the swing of things. Summer was nice but "playing" can only keep you entertained for so long. Eventually I get anxious to do something productive again. I am grateful to have a brain that works (for the most part) to help me learn and grow.

I guess I'll write about my summer experience. For the first part I did spring semester and took accounting 210. For those of you who have never heard of this class it is what everyone here at BYU calls a beast. It probably has one of the worst reputations here at BYU. The tests are a bit tricky but if you know the material well enough you should be able to figure the problems out. It was the make it or break it class to help me determine if I was interested in going into the accounting program here. I managed to get a good grade in the class and enjoyed it so I think I am going to continue down that path and see what happens. I promise I won't become a nerd or get any pocket protectors.

After I was done with spring term I relaxed for the rest of summer. I probably should have gotten a job and been productive but I just wanted to take it easy. I did a bit of kayaking, swimming, fishing, hiking, working out, surfing, and SCUBA DIVING. Yup that is right I went and Scuba Dived one of the seven wonders of the world. The great barrier reef off the east coast of Australia. I spent a total of two weeks in Australia with my family. Prior to that I spent a week in California at home and went surfing everyday. It was nice to get in the water again.

Australia was amazing. We started our trip up in Cairns which is at the northern part of Australia. We went to a place called Cape Tribulation which was a beautiful rain forest area. There was a beach there we went to that had a most interesting sign. It said something like this "Don't swim here or you will get eaten by crocodiles". That made my mom a bit nervous. I played soccer on that beach against my brother Dallin who is just 20 months older than me. It was like the world cup all over again except we were playing with a beach ball and there was just two of us. I won and rubbed it in his face which is the usual thing to do when you beat your older brother in something. I perspired quite a bit so I was in need of a dip in the water only it was crocodile infested. I was a little adventurous probably making my mom very nervous and took a quick dip to cool off. No Crocodile got me obviously because I am writing this blog.

Well I'll continue the adventure next blog because I feel like going to bed now. If you don't have anything better to do you can read about that in the next blog. Thanks and Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment