Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stress

I have a friend from high school that has been stressed out a whole lot more than myself. Her parents split up when she was in high school. Since then her dad has made a lot of empty promises to her; e.g., I will pay for your education, and I will pay for your car.

He promised that if she took out loans in her name then he would help make the payments on those loans. What was the result? He ended up making her responsible for paying them in the long run.

She didn't make wise choices and eventually got kicked out of the school she was attending. The loans she took out unfortunately didn't disappear with her leave from school. Now she has had to work multiple jobs and accept any double shifts she could to take care of these responsibilities.

Her dad has basically left her on her own since she turned 18.

Over Thanksgiving Break I tried to catch up with her but she was too busy with work and other engagements.

Yesterday I decided to write her a letter and send some pictures of when we used to hang out in the good old days. We used to take her family with us to our cabin in Mammoth to go snowboarding so I had a bunch of pictures from those vacations. I hope she will find some joy in the simple letter I wrote as well as when she sees the pictures of our past.

It was something that had been on my mind for quite some time so I am glad I was able to finally get it done. I hope it will in some way, probably small, relieve some of the stress she has been experiencing for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment