Sunday, November 21, 2010

Set backs

A couple weeks ago I rolled my ankle but didn't notice any initial pain. The next morning I woke up and a muscle on the side of my leg was really tight. It felt as though it was permanently flexed. I couldnt walk without feeling pain so I got a little nervous for practice.

Getting injured is probably one of the worst things that could happen to me at this point in my life. I have goals I have set that I want to accomplish this year and injuries are only going to take me further away from them. I was patient and went and saw the trainers. They looked at my leg and just suggested I receive stem and ice.

When I went back to tell my coach he was a little upset because he felt like the trainers weren't doing their job fully. My coach was patient and the rest of the week I didnt do much running. My leg didn't seem to be getting better abduction and that was when my coach took me to Ron.

Ron figured out what was causing the tightness in my leg, gave me some exercises to do to correct the problem, and rubbed my leg out a bit. What was the result? The nexty I woke up and my leg was significantly better
As a result I am now more fully motivated to work harder in practice. I feel refreshed and ready to do work again. how grateful I am for setbacks that take me out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment